Friday 22 April 2016

Book Quotes of the Week



"You learn to write by reading, and my experiences and tastes as a reader are pretty wide." Justin Cronin

"Sixty years ago I knew everything. Now I know nothing. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Some people will lie, cheat, steal and back-stab to get ahead... and to think, all they have to do is READ." Fortune

"The love of books is a love which requires neither justification, apology, nor defense." J.A. Langford

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint.... What I began by reading, I must finish by acting." Henry David Thoreau

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second quote, it's so true. The more I read I realize how little I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Janet. The more we know, the more we know that we know nothing. Or at least very very little.

      Have a good week,
      Marianne

      Delete