Friday 5 August 2016

Book Quotes of the Week


"A good book is always on tap; it may be decanted and drunk a hundred times, and it is still there for further imbibement." Holbrook Jackson

"A man ought to read just as inclination leads him, for what he reads as a task will do him little good." Samuel Johnson

"A man may be a heretic in the truth, and if he believe things only because his pastor says so, or the assembly so determines, without knowing other reason, though his belief be true, yet the very truth he holds becomes his heresy." John Milton

"When I don’t write, I feel my world shrinking. I feel I am in a prison. I feel I lose my fire and my color. It should be a necessity, as the sea needs to heave, and I call it breathing. "Anaïs Nin

"The wise man reads both books and life itself." Lin Yutang

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Anais Nin quote. That is how I feel when I don't read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the same here. I haven't been too well lately, so didn't get to read as much but I do need my daily dose.

      Have a good weekend,
      Marianne

      Delete