Saturday 1 July 2017

Happy July!

Happy July to all my friends and readers 

New Calendar picture with this beautiful watercolour painting
 by Hanka Koebsch "Pool Party"

 "Poolparty"


July used to be Quintilis (or September), the seventh month of the year, but the Romans added two months and named this one after Julius Cæsar. It's supposedly the warmest month of the year (at least in the Northern Hemisphere), so I hope it will be over soon.

Enjoy this month with the beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch.

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a hot weather fan either, so I too hope it's over soon. The only good thing about July is that our daughter was born this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel with you, Janet. Let's just curl up inside as much as possible and read to get this month over.

      One of my brothers was born in July but also my father died this month, so I have mixed feelings about it.

      But I definitely wish your daughter a very happy birthday! ♥

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Bangalore (India) where I stay is a mixed weather. But in Kerala (my native place (India), it's raining cats and dogs.

    Love
    Shalet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting. I know people both in Bangalore and Kerala, what a huge coincidence that you found me here on the internet.

      Here in the Netherlands, we have a lot of rain. No wonder the country is known for their flowers, fruits and vegetables. ;)

      Have a good month,
      Marianne

      Delete
  4. When I was a child I loved summer the best. I didn't mind the heat. Now I do. But I still love summer! Happy July to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things are easier when you're a child. Of course, we loved summer, we could be outside and do stuff. But I always had to keep away from the sun as much as possible, I burn very easily.

      Have a great month,
      Marianne

      Delete