How to Read More:
1. Throw your phone in the ocean (or keep it in airplane mode).
2. Carry a book at all times.
3. Have another book ready before you finish the one you're reading) make a stack of books to-read or load up your e-reader).
4. If you aren't enjoying a book, stop reading it immediately (flinging it across the room helps provide closure).
5. Schedule one hour a day for reading on your calendar like you would an important meeting (try commutes, lunch breaks, or getting into bed an hour early).
6. Keep a reading log and share it (people will send you even more good books to read).
* Most of them work for me, especially #s 2, 3 and 6.
"The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most." Theodore Parker
"There’s no book that absolutely everyone loves." Carolyn Parkhurst
"It is when we are faced with death that we turn most bookish." Jules Renard
"Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all." Henry David Thoreau
Find more book quotes here.