Friday 1 December 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"We’re all strangers connected by what we reveal, what we share, what we take away – our stories. I guess that’s what I love about books – they are thin strands of humanity that tether us to one another for a small bit of time, that make us feel less alone or even more comfortable with our aloneness, if need be." Libba Bray

"We read five words on the first page of a really good novel and we begin to forget that we are reading printed words on a page; we begin to see images." John Champion Gardner, On Becoming a Novelist

"One reads books in order to gain the privilege of living more than one life. People who don’t read are trapped in a mine shaft, even if they think the sun is shining." Garrison Keillor

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become." C.S. Lewis

"Owning a book is a third of the goal. The others are actually reading it and applying it." Israel Wayne

Find more book quotes here.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the second one, I start reading and I'm gone from this world and it always takes awhile to resurface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladies,
    this was a week where I couldn't decide which oen is my favourite. I loved them all.

    Have a good week,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete