Friday 26 January 2018

Book Quotes of the Week



"It is better to read a little and ponder a lot than to read a lot and ponder a little." Denis Parsons Burkitt

"Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge." Stephen Hawking

"Children fall in love with books because of the memories created when they snuggle up and read with someone they love." Raising Readers

"If a person goes to a country and finds their newspapers filled with nothing but good news, there are good men in jail." Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"What I like best is staying home and reading. Being rich is not about how many homes you own. It’s the freedom to pick up any book you want without looking at the price and wondering whether you can afford it." John Waters

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. Well Denis Parsons Burkitt, I like to read and ponder in equal amounts. John Waters got it exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on Denis Parsons Burkitt's quote, however, I also think he is right, we certainly should ponder about what we read. ;)

      I also totally agree with John Waters. I consider myself very rich. I have a fantastic library I can use and I can afford to buy the books they don' have. What's better?

      Other than that, my favourite this week is the one Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

      Have a good week,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was lucky to find some great ones this time, always depends. But I'm glad you like them.

      Have a good week,
      Marianne

      Delete