Monday 2 March 2020

Happy March!

Happy March to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch


"Traditionsecke"
"Traditional Corner"



In March we celebrate the official beginning of spring. At least in our half of the globe. And only on the calendar, mind, the weather does what it wants anyway.

The boat and fishing gear in this month's picture remind us of that.

And it also links us to this year's Green Capital of Europe, Lisbon. When I think of Lisbon (and I've never been there), I definitely think of the sea, fishermen, boats. Of course, I have lots of beautiful buildings in mind, as well, and the famous yellow tram, THE famous landmark in my eyes. 

This year, Lisbon received the European Green Capital Award. They started the year with planting more than 20 thousand trees to help the capital breathe better! Their aim is to become climate neutral until 2050. Great ambitions with a great start.

We had a happy and eventful month. Three music events, a visit to the theatre, lots of meetings with friends and family, visitors from the Netherlands, Australia and Germany. I'm sure March will be just as great.

Have a happy March with this beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch.

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

2 comments:

  1. Go Lisbon! And Happy March to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Someone asked me why I chose to do these kind of comments this year. Well, I think, I've been through all the things that are related to a month and this is something that interests me, as well.

      Have a good day!

      Delete