Monday 1 June 2020

Happy June!

Happy June to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch


"Brombeerblüten locken die Schmetterlinge"
"Blackberry flowers attract the butterflies"



June brings us a painting with my favourite colours. I always say it's blue and green but, actually, it's exactly this kind of shades, a slight turquoise and a decent lilac. My favourite colour combination, as well. So, I am looking forward to seeing this picture for a whole month.


I think (hope) I found my reading mojo back last month. I have been reading some nice books of which you will hear soon in my reviews and just now, I read another couple of great ones.

* * *

Since Frank has painted blackberries with a common brimstone butterfly, and the green hairstreak looks almost like the one in the picture, let me introduce you to the butterfly of the year 2020, chosen by the BUND (German non-governmental organisation for the protection of nature and the environment. In German, it is also called the " Brombeer-Zipfelfalter" and "Brombeere" is the German word for the blackberry in the picture. So, this is definitely the correct topic for the month of June, don't you think?

As I mentioned last month, we hear a lot that nature is recovering during this hard time for us. Let's hope that will continue and that we will have these animals and these plants for a long time.

* * *

This leads me to a quote I saw this month that says it all:

"We will not go back to normal. Normal never was. Our pre-corona existence was not normal other than we normalized greed, inequity, exhaustion, depletion, extraction, disconnection, confusion, rage, hoarding, hate and lack. We should not long to return my friends. We are being given the opportunity to stitch a new garment. One that fits all of humanity and nature.
Sonya Renee Taylor

* * *

Have a happy June with this beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. Stay safe!


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them.

2 comments:

  1. Happy June to you! I too love those colors. I agree with Sonya Renee Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of that surprises me. I mean, we don't really choose what colours we like but we can choose whose quotes we follow.

      Thanks for always stopping by.

      Delete