Friday 27 November 2020

Book Quotes of the Week


"Fight from an educated perspective. Always be ready to learn." Sophia Bush
Always, always. Even more important in this day and age where you see people just repeating what others say without checking whether it's correct or not, whether they humiliate or assault someone or not.

"The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library." Albert Einstein
And then use it.

"I had found a new friend. The surprising thing is where I’d found him - not up a tree or sulking in the shade, or splashing around in one of the hill streams, but in a book. No one had told us kids to look there for a friend. Or that you could slip inside the skin of another. Or travel to another place with marshes, and where, to our ears, the bad people spoke like pirates." Lloyd Jones
I think most kids find those friend if they are truly alone.

"Books are my solace and true escape from life. I wish I could spend all my time reading." N.N.
Amen to that.
[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I even had to find a new library location where I can pick up my books curbside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky to have found one. Well, I shouldn't complain, there is a library here and I can borrow books. Unfortunately, they are all in German, no matter the original language which is not what I'm looking for. I love to read my books in the original. Well, the bookshop profits. ;-)

      And sorry for the spam on my page, I deleted them all, after marking them down as spam, of course. It just happens from time to time but I don't want to make my blog private. What a shame Google doesn't give us the possibility to block certain addresses.

      Delete