Friday 23 April 2021

Book Quotes of the Week


"The classics are books that exert a peculiar influence, both when they refuse to be eradicated from the mind and when they conceal themselves in the folds of memory, camouflaging themselves as the collective or individual unconscious.
Italo Calvino "Why Read the Classics"

I couldn't have said it any better. Well, I probably couldn' have even said it that well but I agree wholeheartedly. 

"Don't worry, it only takes four chapters!" Mayersche Buchhandlung 

Heehee. Story of my life!
 

"You're in a world full of color and you want to see it in black and white." by Philip Pullman, The Secret Commonwealth

This reminds me of a cartoon where this one guy sits in the bus or tram reading. Everyone else looks into their mobile phones and is black and white. Only he is in colour. So true.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Love Pullman's quote! So very good and relevant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think especially in times like these. I read the other day that more people are reading since the begin of the pandemic. At least it's good for something.

      Stay safe!

      Delete