Tuesday 11 May 2021

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books with Trees on the Cover


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week's topic is: Books with Nature on the Cover (flowers, trees, landscapes, animals, etc.)

Nature on the cover. Nature can be many things, as Jana says, flowers, trees, landscapes animals or anything else that's beautiful juust by itself.

I have always loved trees, especially if it's just a single tree standing majestically in the middle of a field. So, it was clear to me that I had to look for books that have a tree on its cover.

I found many and it was hard to weed out the books until I was down to ten. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
 
Brontë, Emily "Wuthering Heights" - 1847
Drinkwater, Carol "The Olive Farm: A Memoir of Life, Love and Olive Oil in the South of France" - 2001
Droste-Hülshoff, Annette von "The Jew's Beech" (German: Die Judenbuche) - 1842
Frazier, Charles "Nightwoods" - 2011
Guterson, David "The Other" - 2008
Powers, Charles T. "In the Memory of the Forest" - 1997
Powers, Richard "The Overstory" - 2018
Tokarczuk, Olga "Primeval and Other Times" (Polish: Prawiek i inne czasy) - 1996
Zweig, Stefanie "Nowhere in Africa" (German: Nirgendwo in Afrika) - 1995

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia. I think they have such a calming effect. When I was little, there were poplar trees right behind my bedroom window. I loved falling asleep to their sound.

      As always, thank you for your visit. I will go and see what you came up wiht.

      Delete
  2. The Other is such an eerie cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes well with the story. Have you read anything by David Guterson? I think eerie is a good way to describe his books. I love them.

      Thanks for stepping by.

      Delete
  3. I love trees as well, and I love these covers! In the Memory of the Forest is really captivating, and I love the tree silhouettes of Nightwoods. Some of these seem really interesting too, I think I'll have to check some out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordan. I'm not a huge fan of "Wuthering Heights" but I love all the others, certainly all worth reading. Would love to hear what you think about any of them.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I love the cover for Mansfield Park. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Poinsettia, it's one of those cheap editions that you used to be able to get for a pound.

      Thanks for your visit and for leaving your link. I'll come to your page soon.

      Delete
  5. I love that you went trees because I went forest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Deanna. I mean, what would a forest be without trees? Thanks for your comment and visit.

      Delete
  6. I just love trees so much. Not only are they beautiful to be around, but they're so important. We need them! 🌳 My TTT post this week has a few photos of trees. Thanks for stopping by, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lectrice. I can tell from your post that you love trees as much as I do. You are so right, trees are so important. Unfortunately, not everyone understands that, yet, but we are on a good path, I hope.

      Thanks for coming here and leaving your link.

      Delete
  7. Mansfield Park is the last Austen I have yet to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see, Stacy. It's not one of my absolute favourites by Jane Austen but as with all of her novels, so well written. Enjoy.

      And thanks for stepping by.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Rue. I could have found three times as many, so I had to sort them by the ones I liked most. Glad you agree.

      And thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  9. In the Memory of the Forest is nice- i like that one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we talking cover or book, Greg? Because it is also a wonderful book. Unfortunately, the author only wrote the one book and then died. I can just imagine how many more wonderful books he might have written.

      Anyway, as always, thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  10. Trees are definitely popular on book covers. What's interesting to me is how they can evoke different moods and emotions depending on how they're depicted. They can be tranquil, creepy, ominous, majestic, etc. I'm glad you decided to highlight them today.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably what draws us to trees, they seem to understand us. To me, they mostly have a clming effect but I think I caught a few of those different emotions with the various covers.

      Thanks for that input, one of the many reasons why I love your comments.

      Delete
  11. Even though I am what some might call an 'indoor girl', many of these covers are beautiful. I especially like the Nightwoods one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I chose my favourites from those with a tree on the cover, so I couldn't say which one is my absolute favourite. I*m also an indoor girl, I'm not surprised to find so many of them here.

      Delete