Friday 21 January 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"If you’re talking to a writer and they go 'this is a real masterpiece and I didn’t have no trouble,' trust me, that book stinks. The rest of us have to kind of go through this, you sort of live with this natural insecurity. The key is to understand it’s part of the process." Harlan Coben

He is probably right.

"We write to taste life in the moment and in retrospect." Anaïs Nin

And we read for the same reasons.

"But I just shrug, not knowing what to say. Can I explain to anyone that stories are like air to me, breathe them in and let them out and over again?" Jacqueline Woodson,
Brown Girl Dreaming

I think you can only understand it if you feel the same.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. 'Stories are like air'...what a great quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great quotes around, Lark. Sometimes, If I need to hear something nice, I go to my quotes post and pick out some that I shared a while ago, always helps.

      Have a nice weekend.

      Delete