Thursday 26 May 2022

#ThrowbackThursday. The Hour I First Believed

 

Lamb, Wally "The Hour I First Believed" - 2008

I like all books by Wally Lamb and it is hard to choose a favourite. But this could be it.

The author always finds a great way to describe people's feelings, little by little he dissects any situation. I love his style. He has a great way of telling a story. There is so much humanity in this book, so even though a lot of negative events happen, it still is a book of hope and love.

The novel is primarily Columbine High School and the shooting, it combines so many other topics. I thoroughly enjoyed this very descriptive book.

We discussed this in our international book club in January 2010.

Read more on my original post here.

4 comments:

  1. I've never read this author, and I don't even know why. So many people really like his books. But like you always say, you can't read them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be the main reason, Lark, I am sure. Should you try him one day, enjoy.

      Delete
  2. New to me author, and will look him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of all these posts, NN. You are in for a treat. Wally Lamb has written so many fantastic books. Enjoy.

      Delete