Friday 23 September 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

   

"I’m a smeller of books and a marker-upper of books." Matthew Norman, We're All Damaged

That's not a bad hobby.

"There is nothing that I enjoy more or I think is more nourishing than being able to just walk into a bookstore run by people who love books and love reading." Barack Obama

Don't you just have to love someone like that? One of the many reasons I am a fan of this guy.

"Simple tips to gain my friendship:
Have books.
Tell me about your books.
Invite me over to see your books.
Be a Book.
Books." N.N.

All brilliant reasons.

Find more book quotes here.

8 comments:

  1. I love to be around people who love to read, and a bookstore is a great place to find folks like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just, Deb? I have met the loveliest people in book shops. Once, I talked to this lady about books for ages, hubby and children were also looking for books and when I finally stopped talking, my sons asked me who that was and I said I didn't know. They couldn't believe that I could talk to a complete stranger that long. I can.

      Delete
  2. I’m a smeller of books but not a marker-upper of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same her, Lectrice. If I have to write something down, I use those little post-it notes.

      Delete
  3. Love that last one! Especially "be a book". :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a funny thought but I really like it. Thanks, Lark.

      Delete
  4. What a good bunch of quotes. I can't say that I'm usually a marker-upper of books, but I've been known to drag out a post-it or two when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christopher. I think most of us don't like to harm our books but I use post-its a lot.

      Delete