Friday 3 February 2023

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

And books are great for that!!!


"Books, moonlight, melodrama." Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Mexican Gothic

Not always melodrama, not always moonlight but definitely always books.

"Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up." Jane Yolen

I can imagine. I find myself more and more on the computer but I am sure I still write more by hand than many. And I still use my shorthand which is also a skill you have to preserve.

Find more book quotes here.


7 comments:

  1. I gave my husband a box full of teabags with literary quotes on the tags. They are all quotes about books or taken from books. He loves them. I have my German students handwrite their German compositions. Supposedly, it helps you to retain the foreign language better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. And it is true, you do remember everything better when you write them down, by hand, of course.

      If you need more quotes, I have a huuuuge list, as you might have seen. LOL

      Delete
    2. Yes, I noticed :). Sometimes quotes are like a good friend speaking to us.

      Delete
    3. That is a good thought, Eva. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I must admit, I never heard of either the book or the author. Thanks, Sarah, will look it up.

      Delete