Happy October to all my Friends and Readers
New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch
"Bryggen in Bergen im Herbst"
"Bryggen in Bergen im Herbst"
Absolutely beautiful. and so Scandinavian. I have never been to Norway but we have been to Sweden several times. So I thought, I share another picture of a beautiful Swedish city: Göteborg.
Read more on their website here. *
* * *
September was calmer than the months before with more friendly events like birthday parties, concerts, and a theatre play.
* * *
My favourite book last month was "All Our Wordly Goods" (Les Biens de ce monde) by Irène Némirovsky, written in 1942.
* * *
German proverb this month:
Den Teufel an die Wand malen
Literal translation: to paint the devil onto the wall.
Meaning: pessimistic. Fearing the worst, portraying a situation in an overly pessimistic light, or conjuring up a disaster through negative thoughts.
We often say: Mal den Teufel nicht an die Wand! Don't paint the devil onto the wall! if we want to tell people not to see things too negatively. Don't predict anything bad, it might happen.
* * *
* You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about the two artists.
🍁 I wish you all a very Happy October! 🍁

Such a cheerful picture! My nephew will be studying in Prague in the spring and we have been talking about meeting in Copenhagen! I hope it really happens.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I love Copenhagen, have never been to Prague. It's not exactly in the neighbourhood but I guess it's easier for the both of you. Enjoy your trip, Constance.
DeleteNice Scandinavian references. I can't believe we are already in October. Time passes to fast. I am happy to hear you finally had a good month. Nemirovsky seems to be great and she is on my reading list.
ReplyDeleteWell, you know, Lisbeth, how much I love Sweden. We need to go again.
DeleteAnd you are right, time just flies.
I read a couple of books by Nèmirovsky and loved them all.