Friday 30 August 2013

Book Quotes of the Week

"You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book." Dr. Seuss

"Books are embalmed minds." Christian Nevell Bovee


"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


"Bread of flour is good; but there is bread, sweet as honey, if we would eat it, in a good book." John Ruskin


"He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot." Arabic Proverb (I don't really agree with this, I lend my books to my friends all the time.)


"I love to lose myself in other men's minds.... Books think for me." Charles Lamb


Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Marianne, I like Proust's "there are no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favourite book". cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a wonderful one. Philosophers always have the greatest way of saying things. I love the quote, as well. It's in my post from 26 April 2013. I'm glad you enjoy the quotes.
    Have a good weekend,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete