Tuesday 9 February 2016

Beautiful Blogger Award


I've been nominated for another award, the "Beautiful Blogger Award". Thank you so much to "The Captivated Reader" for this lovely thought.

Here are the rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
1.    Link to the blogger who has nominated you. You will find it "here".
2.    List 7 random facts about you.
3.    Nominate 7 creative, beautiful bloggers and let them know about about the nomination.

Seven random facts. Mmmh, a lot of my friends might know these but not all of my blog contacts, so here we go:

1. I have lived in four different countries - so far (in this order): Germany, Belgium, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands.
2. My biggest hobby is reading but I also love crafting, especially stamping and making cards, and photography.
3. I have a husband, two sons and three younger brothers, lots of testosterone in my life.
4. In my youth, I had dozens of penfriends, nowadays I have them on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest or here on my blog.
5. I love languages, speak five and a half of them (German, English, Esperanto, French, Dutch, improving my Spanish) and understand a few more.
6. My favourite colours are blue and green and all the shades in between.
7. I'd love to live near the ocean.

It wasn't that easy to decide whom to nominate, not because I don't know enough but because I know too many. So, if I haven't nominated you this time, I probably nominated you earlier for the Liebster Award. I follow a few great blogs and if I follow you, I love your inputs.

So, these are my nominees!

Bibliophilic Madness

Edith's Miscellany

Joy's Book Blog

Silver's Review

Stuck in a Book

Words and Peace

You, Me and a Cup of Tea

Please check out these blogs. Each one of them is wonderful, inspiring and offers something unique.

11 comments:

  1. I love your facts. Speaking five and a half languages is wonderful.

    Thanks for the nomination.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course. I had to nominate you. Your blog is so interesting and you are always so supportive, I enjoy blogging so much more through you.

      Happy reading, happy blogging,
      Marianne

      Delete
    2. I am blushing. Why thank you so much.

      Such a sweet thing to say.

      Thanks, Marianne.

      Elizabeth

      Delete
    3. No need to blush. I am always telling the truth and am happy when it's a good truth.

      Always lovely to hear from you,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me! I love knowing that you speak so many languages -- that is very cool. Living in the middle of the United States, it's very rare for me to meet anyone who speaks anything other than English.

    I made my post: http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2016/02/09/beautiful-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy, that was fast, took me ages to get my names together. I could have nominated a lot more. But I always love your posts.

      And yes, if you are not surrounded by many languages, you don't need them. And if you don't need them, you have no chance to use and improve them. I live in the Netherlands but I am in Germany within five minutes and in Belgium in less than an hour, so I can easily use three languages in one day without a big effort.

      Happy reading, happy blogging,
      Marianne

      Delete
  3. thanks so much Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I always love your entries.

      Happy reading, happy blogging,
      Marianne

      Delete
  4. I'm always in awe of those who speak many languages. I do speak Spanish, but less as time goes on because I use it so seldomly. I speak what I call kitchen German, meaning I can get around with it, but can't really hold a conversation in it. Blue and green are my favorite colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only just noticed, I posted my answer to you as a general answer. Please, see what I wrote below. Thanks.

      Have a good day,
      Marianne

      Delete
  5. As I said to Joy ^^ above, it's a lot easier to speak many languages if you can use them all the time. That's also the reason why my Spanish isn't great, I had it for a year in school, well, officially. But my teacher was sick most of the time so we hardly got anywhere. But I'm
    following a course right now and hope to get fluent one day.

    Lovely that we share our favourite colours. It's always nice to find out these kind of things like this.

    Happy reading, happy blogging,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete