Wednesday 17 February 2016

The moment when you think you have 10 pages left in your book and it turns out to be a preview for another book.


 Word cloud made with WordItOut

I saw the title somewhere on the internet and thought: "Yes! I'm not the only one!" How disappointing. You imagine what could still happen on those 10 pages and then there is THE END. It's almost like an unexpected death, so sudden, without any warning. Yes, that's what it is. My book has died before it could get to the end. I always feel deceived.

I know why publishers do that, they want you to start reading the next book and then really go and buy it right there and then. But this has never happened to me that way. Either, the book I read spoke for itself and I wanted to read the follow-up or another book by the same author. Or it didn't. I never read that start of the next book. And that's my promise. 


So, publishers: Stop doing it!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I NEVER read the beginning of the next book, it just makes me angry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. There are always these little things with books that every reader seems to agree and still the publishers do it. I wonder why?

      Anyway, thanks for always being a faithful reader of my blog. Wishing you and Mac a nice weekend,
      Marianne

      Delete