Friday 13 June 2014

Book Quotes of the Week


"What kind of life can you have in a house without books?" Sherman Alexie

"Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice." Paul Auster


"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx


"Open a book this minute and start reading. Don’t move until you’ve reached page fifty. Until you’ve buried your thoughts in print. Cover yourself with words. Wash yourself away. Dissolve." Carol Shields, "The Republic of Love"


"Reading centers on finding yourself in a book." Anita Silvey


"Fiction is to the grown man what play is to the child; it is there that he changes the atmosphere and tenor of his life." Robert Louis Stevenson


Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment