Monday 4 August 2014

Greetings to my readers


I know I haven't blogged for a while, almost a whole month actually. Thanks for those of you who have enquired after me.


The reason for this is a personal one. My father passed away suddenly last month. He is truly missed by my mother, my three brothers and me and our families. It might take a while for any of us to go back to normal.


I will carry on blogging, I promise, but I am sure you all understand that I was not up to it lately.


Even though the pictures in this post are taken in our garden, any flower will always remind me of him.

RIP

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your lose. I lost my father suddenly too, about 10 years ago, and it about broke my heart, so I do feel your pain. Carry the memories of him in your heart and remember the good times. It takes time, but it does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words, Janet. The support I received from my friends and even strangers is just so overwhelming, I would have never thought so many people cared about me.

    I find comfort in the fact that he died the way he always wanted, either in his sleep or just fall over which was what happened. He died in his beloved garden and it was very quick. He was quite sick and this way he was saved from months and months of hospital (which he already did years ago) and is no longer in pain.

    You are right, there are many lovely memories that will certainly last. Thanks again for your kindness,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, my deepest sympathies for your loss. It's heart-wrenching when a parent dies. My father also passed away this September, right after my niece's wedding and my granddaughter's first birthday. Although we will no longer see him here, it's the warm memories that will stay with us forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that, Annette. And you are right, the memories will stay and we have so many nice stories to tell and remember about my dad.

      My sincere condolences to you and your family.

      Marianne

      Delete