Saturday 7 December 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


"A book is the most effective weapon against intolerance and ignorance." Lyndon Baines Johnson

"Buying a book is not about obtaining a possession, but about securing a portal!" Laura Miller

"A man's bookcase will tell you everything you'll ever need to know about him." Walter Mosley

“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” Sylvia Plath

"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." Irving Stone

“I like books that aren't just lovely but that have memories in themselves. Just like playing a song, picking up a book again that has memories can take you back to another place or another time.” Emma Watson 


Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I like these quotes.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Leaving my link back to my Mailbox Monday post. THANKS for stopping earlier.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. You know I much I like your blog. And thanks for coming back and reading mine.

    Have a good day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete