Saturday 18 July 2015

Book Quotes of the Week



"Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author's words reverberating in your head." Paul Auster, The Brooklyn Follies

"One always has a better book in one’s mind than one can manage to get onto paper." Michael Cunningham

"Authors from whom others steal should not complain, but rejoice. Where there is no game there are no poachers." Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

"If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book." J.K. Rowling

"By reading the writings of the most interesting minds in history, we meditate with our own minds and theirs as well. This to me is a miracle." Kurt Vonnegut

"Blindur er bóklaus maður." - "Blind is a man without a book." Icelandic proverb

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment