Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Gates Gill, Michael “How Starbucks Saved My Life

Gates Gill, Michael “How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else” - 2007

As a coffee lover, the title looked interesting. I really enjoyed the story of Michael Gates Gill, a highly successful entrepreneur turned looser turned Starbucks employee. Not only does he describe his unusual life, he tells a story of a company. After reading this book, I got the impression that Starbucks must be the best employer in the world. Of course, it is always easy to say anyone can find a job if you have one. And as a European I didn't think those benefits Starbucks offered were all that great, to us they are normal. But the author's life seems very interesting and he has a lot to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment