Friday 8 June 2012

Otto, Whitney "How to make an American Quilt"


Otto, Whitney "How to Make an American Quilt" - 1991

This is one of the few books I read after watching the movie. Can you tell that I loved the movie? It is full of wonderful women, one character cast better than the next. They all have a story to tell, and they tell their story to Finn who is the granddaughter of one of the quilt ladies and is about to get married. I expected the book to be just as good.

And it was. Whether this is due to the fact that I had the most vivid images in front of me already and have to thank the director of the movie more than the author of the book, I will never know. I just know that I will love this story forever.

From the back cover:

"An extraordinay and moving reading experience, HOW TO MAKE AN AMERICAN QUILT is an exploration of women of yesterday and today, who join together in a uniquely female experience. As they gather year after year, their stories, their wisdom, their lives, form the pattern from which all of us draw warmth and comfort for ourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment