Tuesday 10 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

December 10: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR

I have lined up the following books to be read soon. That does not mean I won't get any other novels in between and not get to read all of these this winter. However, I hope to have finished them all sometime next year.
Austen, Jane "Pride & Prejudice" - 1813
Bryson, Bill "Shakespeare: The World as a Stage" - 2007
Burgess, Anthony "A Clockwork Orange" - 1962
Calvino, Italo "Why Read the Classics?" (Perché leggere i classici??) - 1991
Grjasnowa, Olga "All Russians Love Birch Trees" (Der Russe ist einer, der Birken liebt) - 2012
Joyce, James "Ulysses" - 1922
Nabokov, Vladimir "Lolita" - 1955
Pamuk, Orhan "The White Castle" (Beyaz Kale) - 1985
Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Midnight Palace" (El Palacio de la Medianoche) - 1994
Sendker, Jan-Philipp "Das Herzenhören" (The Art of Hearing Heartbeats) - 2002

2 comments:

  1. I read Pride and Prejudice at least once a year and I've bought my husband the Bill Bryson Shakespeare book for Christmas so that means I'll be getting my hands on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to reread all Jane Austen books for quite a while but I have found a book club on facebook that is going to discuss all of them during next year with the aspect of motherhood in mind.
    I thought htis sounded great and signed up right away. It also makes me read them again. I love rereading books that I liked but ... so many books, so little time ...

    ReplyDelete