Friday 17 January 2014

Book Quotes of the Week


"Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read." Cassandra Clare 

"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." Elizabeth Drew

"Books give not wisdom where none was before. But where some is, there reading makes it more." Elizabeth Hardwick

"A house without books is like a room without windows." Horace Mann

"Let us read and let us dance, these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." Voltaire


"I ransack public libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure." Virginia Woolf

"I found comfort through literature, I loved getting lost in things as marvelous and as wonderful as books. They made me forget about my own troubles, like a submarine and the sea, they submerged me so perfectly." N.N.

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment