Friday 14 February 2014

Book Quotes of the Week


"He who loveth a book will never want for a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter." Isaac Barrow

"If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." Emily Dickinson 

"The love of my life ever since I was old enough to read. There's nothing better than a nice book on a rainy day." Niko Geyer

"Books had shown me, however, that all people everywhere wanted their lives to have purpose and meaning. This longing was universal." Dean Koontz, Innocence

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it." C.S. Lewis


"Old books exert a strange fascination in me, their smell, their feel, their history, wondering who might have owned them, how they lived, what they felt." Lauren Willig

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment