Tuesday 17 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Autumn 2013 TBR List

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

September 17: Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List

I don't normally plan my reading for three months in advance but I always have a list of (mainly classic) books on my TBR pile that I am probably going to tackle next. So, here is my list for this autumn.

Bernières, Louis de "Birds without Wings" - 2004
Brontë, Charlotte "Villette" - 1853
Fforde, Jasper "Lost in a Good Book" (Thursday Next 2) - 2002
Johnson, Adam "The Orphan Master's Son" - 2012
Keneally, Thomas "Schindler's Ark" - 1982
Mann, Thomas "Der Zauberberg" (The Magic Mountain) - 1924
Nabokov, Vladimir "Lolita" - 1955
Oates, Joyce Carol "Little Bird of Heaven" - 2009
Senkiewicz, Henryk "Quo Vadis: A Narrative of the Time of Nero" (Quo Vadis?) - 1895
Sterne, Laurence "The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman" - 1759-67

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Lost in a Good Book - there were so many cool characters in Bookworld. Here's my TTT
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vilia. I have read the first one "The Eyre Affair". Usually, science fiction is not my thing but I quite enjoyed the time travel back to Jane Eyre. So, this is on my list now.

    Is there a way I can comment on your blog without signing up through facebook, e-mail etc.?

    I checked your list. As I love classics, I'd definitely recommend #1 on your "silly" list: "Pride & Prejudice", one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete