Saturday 19 October 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." Walter Cronkite

"I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Just the knowledge that a good book is waiting at the end of a long day makes that day happier." Kathleen Norris

"When you read a book, the neurons in your brain fire overtime, deciding what the characters are wearing, how they're standing, and what it feels like the first time they kiss. No one shows you. The words make suggestions. Your brain paints the pictures." Meg Rosoff 

"I cannot remember a time when I was not in love with them ... with the books themselves, cover and binding and the paper they were printed on, with their smell and their weight and with their possession in my arms, captured and carried off to myself." Eudora Welty

"We must believe in the power and strength of our words. Our words can change the world." Malala Yousafzai 

"We buy books because we believe we are buying the time to read them." Warren Zevon

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment