Thursday 3 April 2014

Never Lend Books


"Never lend books, for no one ever returns them, the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me." Anatole France.

I have no idea what kind of friends Monsieur France had but I don't agree with that. At all.

Alright, you have to look a little after them. I write it down when I lend a book to someone, who when what. That's all you need. Then a little reminder if it hasn't been returned after a while. Most people don't even forget they have your book, they just forget to take ti with them the next time they see you.

I have only once lost a book. The colleague I had lent it to point blank refused to admit I had ever given it to her. Needless to say, that was the last time she saw one of my books.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and I share books, but alas, none of my friends read books I'd care to read----chick lit, historical romance, time travel romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Janet. If you and I lived nearby, I am sure many books would pass from one house to the other and back.

    But as it is, I'm glad we have the internet to talk about the books we love.

    Take care,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete