Wednesday 18 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

June 17: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list
I chose a list of different kind of books, easy ones, tomes, German, Dutch, translated from other languages,  classics and modern, male and female writers, fiction and non-fiction to get me over the summer. Should be a good selection for some diverse reading. Will report once I've read them.

Döblin, Alfred "Berlin Alexanderplatz: Die Geschichte vom Franz Biberkopf" (Berlin Alexanderplatz: The Story of Franz Biberkopf) - 1929

Ford, Ford Maddox "Parade's End" - 1924-28

Grossman, David "The Zig Zag Kid" [יש ילדים זיגזג/Jesh Jeladim) - 1994

Harris, Joanne "A Cat, a Hat and a Piece of String" - 2012

Hemingway, Ernest "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - 1940

Mistry, Rohinton "Family Matters" - 2002

Multatuli (Eduard Douwes Dekker) "Max Havelaar of de koffiveilingen der Nederlandsche Handelmaatschappy" (Max Havelaar, or the Coffee Auctions of the Dutch Trading Company) - 1859

Nietzsche, Friedrich "Also sprach Zarathustra. Ein Buch für Alle und Keinen" (Thus spoke Zarathustra. A Book for All and None) - 1883-85

Oates, Joyce Carol "Carthage" - 2014

Pamuk, Orhan "My Father's Suitcase" (Babamın Bavulu) - 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment