Monday 21 March 2016

Scott, Mary "It’s Perfectly Easy"


Scott, Mary "It’s Perfectly Easy" - 1963

There are books by Mary Scott that I remember almost verbatim and I can tell you every little episode that happens in just that novel. This is not one of them. I had a vague memory of the story and the characters but that was about it.

However, I found it wonderful that I could re-read this book and it was almost like a new one to me. I have no idea why I forgot so much about the story because it's perfectly charming, just like all the other novels written by one of New Zealand's greatest writers.

Unfortunately, Mary Scott's books are out of print and only available second hand. I have heard in the meantime, that you can buy some of them as eBooks.

From the back cover (translated):
"It's perfectly easy, to establish a campsite in the countryside with a lot of enthusiasm but little money. But of course, things turn out differently than Helen imagined everything.
How lucky that besides her sick brother and a huge Danish Dane, Helens also counts Trina to her household, her lively, bubbly girlfriend. With her disarming, infectious cheerfulness, Trina copes with even the most difficult guests. And even a small flood disaster cannot tarnish Trina's vitality.
After all, you can survive everything with humour ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment