Friday 7 April 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"That place that does contain

My books, the best companions, is to me
A glorious court, where hourly I converse

With the old sages and philosophers;
And sometimes, for variety, I confer
With kings and emperors, and weigh their counsels;
Calling their victories, if unjustly got,
Unto a strict account, and, in my fancy,
Deface their ill-placed statues."
Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher

"If you love a book, write a nice review. It gives the author encouragement for bad days, when they want to take up scorpion petting." Liana Brooks

"Never put off till tomorrow the book you can read today." Holbrook Jackson

"Think before you speak. Read before you think." Fran Lebowitz

"A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life." Henry Ward Beecher

Find more book quotes here.

3 comments:

  1. Fran Lebowitz wins for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Holbrook Jackson, I always mean to get stuff done, to get out to the garden, but somehow I find myself with my nose in a book instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both. Yes, I often put off other stuff but never reading a book. and I always prefer to think before saying something and would love for others to do the same. But my favourite today would be the one by Liana Brooks. It makes my hobby even more worthwhile than it is anyway, sharing the books I love with friends. Never thought it might be good for the author, as well. I doubt any of them will ever read my humble blog but it still is a nice thought.

    Have a great week,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete