Friday 25 August 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." Cicero

"Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world: making the most of one’s best." Harry Emerson Fosdick

"There are bits and pieces of yourself scattered in every book you read." Janaya Jessalyn

"Books, for me, are a home. Books don’t make a home – they are one, in the sense that just as you do with a door, you open a book, and you go inside. Inside there is a different kind of time and a different kind of space." Jeanette Winterson

"Books can make your imagination go beyond limits." N.N. 

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. I am with Cicero. But I also like the quote from Jeanette Winterson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd give up a garden for books. I also like the quote by Janaya Jessalyn

      Delete
  2. I'm with Cicero too, but the best part of my books is that they don't grow weeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. I'd always take books over gardens. ;)

      Delete