Friday 15 November 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library." Jane Austen

"A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say." Italo Calvino 

"You cannot open a book without learning something." Confucius 

"Why Read the Classics?" "Reading is one of the joys of life and once you begin you can't stop and you've got so many stories to look forward to." Benedict Cumberbatch 

"Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one." Terry Pratchett

"I love that you can safely entrust yourself to books," she said, "though you may be torn in two, in the end your heart will be returned - more whole than when you gave it away at the first page." N.N.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to Dai Sijie, I just finished Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and have ordered Mr. Muo"s Travelling Couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely. And you're welcome. I loved his books so far. I have read Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and Once one a moonless night but will add more, I am sure. Maybe you will let me know how you liked his other book.

    Have a good weekend,
    Mraianne

    ReplyDelete