Dear Blogging Friends,
I am sorry I had to revert not to allow various comments anymore.
Blogger only allows me to not permit "Anyone (including anonymous)" to comment on my blog.
I changed that for a week or two but I had some nasty comments almost every day. Someone wants me to die (always writes "Die! Die! Die!" over several pages). Probably someone doesn't like my (liberal) political views and who thinks anyone who is compassionate to refugees and people from other countries is too woke. I don't even post very political articles, just say my mind when it gets to this.
Welcome! I love hearing from readers, but please keep the conversation respectful.

There are some people out there with far too much time on their hands and far too little compassion for the world. One of the first things I did on Blogger was to switch off anonymous comments... I hope that, whoever they are, gets the message and goes bother someone else.
ReplyDeleteThanks, KItten. The problem is, there are some blogger friends not on blogger who have a problem logging in with their account, so they can't comment at all.
DeleteThat's awful. I'm sorry that's been happening to you. Why do people have to be so stupidly mean?
ReplyDeleteI know, Lark. You ask yourself what you might have done to that person but I can only think they have a different political opinion. I don't post on sites from people who like Republicans that they should die.
DeleteBack when I used blogger, I had to turn it off just because of bots/spam. Trolls should be confined to their natural habitat....reddit/4chan!
ReplyDeleteI also don't understand why Blogger doesn't let me block certain sites. But there is not a lot I can do. When did you switch to another one, Stephen?
DeleteThat's terrible but at least you can delete them. You can also moderate comments - that way you can approve the comment before they are posted.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day.
Of course, I can delete them, Lissa, but I have to see them first. And some of them are really scary.
DeleteI do have to moderate older comments because a lot of them used to come there.
How awful, but maybe this is just spam?
ReplyDeleteWell, spam or not, Eva, it's really scary.
DeleteI wholeheartedly agree.
DeleteThanks, Eva.
DeleteThis is terrible. I don't know what problems people have to share hate on line. One just have to ignore it, but it is difficult. I hope they stop now.
ReplyDeleteThey probably hate themselves, Lisbeth.
DeleteAnd yes, it will stop now but I have to punish those who are not with blogger and can't post for some stupid reason.
I had to revert to approving all comments because of so much span. What a waste of time and effort. I totally get your frustration.
ReplyDeleteMy only issue with the no-anonymous stance is that sometimes my computer kicks me out of being registered and I make a comment anonymously before I realize what has happened. Just fyi.
I might have to do that if it gets that far, Jane. I have the feeling, most spammers try to go to older posts because it might not be as obvious to the blogger.
DeleteAnd you are not the only one. There are people who don't realize they're not logged in, others who can't log in because they are not on certain sites. It's so stupid that Blogger doesn't do anything about it. They change everything all the time but not this.
I'm so sorry, people are disgusting.
ReplyDeleteYou can say that out loud. Thanks, Sarah.
DeleteOf course! I have not had anonymous comments like that, just weirdos trying to scam me to buy love spells.
DeleteI get those. They are annoying. I am not scared easily but getting these scary messages several times a week is not pleasant.
DeleteI'm sure; people are weird and gross. Sorry :-/
DeleteThey are indeed.
Deletewell done.
ReplyDeleteMeta ads marketing agency in Chennai