Monday 26 March 2018

Scott, Mary, West; Joyce "Fatal Lady"


Scott, Mary, West; Joyce "Fatal Lady" (Inspector Wright #1) - 1960

Another charming novel by Mary Scott, one of my favourite author from teenage years. It's so lovely that I found her crime novels that she wrote with another author from New Zealand, Joyce West.

Did I say charming? Someone was killed. Apparently, not a nice guy but nobody deserves to get killed. But the rest of the characters are all wonderful. Well, all except one ...

I already had 26 of her books, now with the added murder mysteries, I have 32. Nice books I can always pick up when I need an easy read.

From the back cover (translated):
"Old Jack Hawkins is found dead in the paddock of his farm. Nearby, his racehorse Fatal Lady is grazing. The body shows terrible head injuries that can only stem from horse hooves. Did Fatal Lady kill her master? Or is the whole thing a cleverly planned and executed murder? After all, several people have a motive ..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I could use an easy read today. Mysteries usually do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to find a used copy if it's not in your library. But there are plenty of them around.

      Good luck and happy reading.

      Otherwise, I highly recommend Alexander McCall Smith,
      "The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency"

      Delete