Wednesday 2 October 2019

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Book Titles with Numbers In Them


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

Top Ten Book Titles with Numbers In Them

Such an interesting Top Ten Tuesday topic. Thank you, Emma from Words and Peace.

Since I have read many books with a number in the title, I have chosen to list only those with a 1 in it, so one, ten, a hundred and a thousand. There are quite a few interesting books there.

Bryson, Bill "ONE Summer: America, 1927" - 2013
Irving, John "A Widow for ONE Year" - 1998
Simmonds, Jeremy "Number ONE in Heaven - The heroes who died for Rock ‘n’ Roll" - 2006

Yu, Hua (余華/Yú Huá) "China in TEN Words" (十個詞彙裡的中國/Shi ge cihui li de Zhongguo) - 2012

Estes, Eleanor "The HUNDRED Dresses" - 1944
García Márquez, Gabriel "One HUNDRED Years of Solitude" (Cien años de soledad) - 1967
Liao, Yiwu "Testimonials or: For a Song and a HUNDRED Songs: A Poet's Journey Through a Chinese Prison" (證詞/Zheng-Ci) - 2000

Coerr, Eleanor "Sadako and the THOUSAND Paper Cranes" - 1977
Hosseini, Khaled "A THOUSAND Splendid Suns" - 2007
Smiley, Jane "A THOUSAND Acres" - 1991

8 comments:

  1. I like that you have some high numbers on here. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have so many books with numbers in them, it would have been cruel to select only ten of them. So, I chose those instead, still a few I had to delete but most of them were not translated anyway. There are so many great books among them. I think my favourites are the ones with "thousand" in the title.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. I also loved your idea with the numbers 1 to 10. Would you know, I haven't read any of them but they all look highly interesting.

      Delete
  3. I loved The Hundred Dresses when I was a kid. It was such a good story.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this when helping at a book sale in my children's school. So wonderful. I wish I would have read it when I was a kid, my parents were also poor and I was often bullied because I wasn't wearing the "right" sort of clothes. I hope it helps many kids in similar situations.

      Thanks for your visit, I'll head over to your page right now ...

      Delete
  4. I have read several of these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm not surprised about that at all. LOL

      Delete