Friday 17 February 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." Maud Casey

"One to whom books are as strangers has not yet learned to live. He is a solitary, though he dwell amid a vast population. On the other hand, he to whom books are as friends possesses a Key to the Garden of Delights, where the purest pleasures are open for his entertainment, and where he has for his companions the master minds of all the ages." Charles Noel Douglas

"A blessed companion is a book, a book that, fitly chosen, is a lifelong friend, ... a book that, at a touch, pours its heart into our own." Douglas Jerrold

"Books are islands in the ocean of time. They are also oases in the deserts of time." Lawrence Clark Powell

"The book of the moment often has immense vogue, while the book of the age, which comes in its company from the press, lies unnoticed; but the great book has its revenge. It lives to see its contemporary pushed up shelf by shelf until it finds its final resting-place in the garret or the auction room." Hamilton Wright Mabie

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that first quote is so true! Stacks of books await me and still I want more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I know I can never get enough. ;)

      Happy Reading,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Reading your quotes today just filled me with wonder at how much book lovers feel the same about books. We are for sure a tribe. Every quote meant something to me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that I can always talk to a book lover, no matter how opposing our thoughts might be, their minds are always open to learn about others. Love it. Love them. And thanks, I'm glad you liked all the quotes. I always try to find some that will speak to more people than just me. ;)

      Have a good week,
      Marianne

      Delete