Friday 2 June 2023

Spell the Month in Books ~ June

      
Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles.

June: Set someplace you have never lived
This was a lot easier than finding the books with animals for last month. I have lived in four different countries, all of them in Europe, so I still have about 150 more left.

JUNE

J
Aitmatov, Chinghiz "Jamilya" (RUS: Джамиля) - 1958
I have met a few people who come from Kyrgyzstan but I have never been in any of the former USSR countries.

U
Joyce, James "Ulysses" - 1922 
I have visited Ireland several times but never lived there. It is my dream country, therefore, I had to include it.

N
Zweig, Stefanie "Nowhere in Africa" (GE: Nirgendwo in Afrika) - 1995
As the title says, I have lived nowhere in Africa. This semi-autobiographical novel takes place in Kenya and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

E
Buck, Pearl S. "East Wind: West Wind" - 1930
Pearl S. Buck was one of my absolutel favourite authors in my teens and I still love her books. And no, I never lived East of where I grew up, always to the West. But that is quite understandable since there was the Iron Curtain and I wouldn't have gotten very far.

Happy Reading!
📚 📚 📚

14 comments:

  1. Oh I had no idea there was actually a theme going with it, double fun! Now, how do you know the theme for each month? I went to the 3 isites you mention, couldn't find their posts for June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I only found out about the theme after several months. It's not hidden but it isn't always on last month's post.
      I probably should mention the theme for next month in my post, as well. Have to think about it the next time.
      July's theme is: Red, White, and/or Blue on the cover or in the title.

      Delete
  2. I looked and I can actually do this one! Will post on June 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you did this one with books set in countries you've never lived. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. It was the theme, not my idea. LOL But I did have fun with this one especially.

      Delete
  4. Great with the theme, gives it an extra spicy touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Lisbeth. And that way, we don't always use the same books for certain letters.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I didn't either, for the longest time. And it makes it more exciting and that way, we don't always use the same books. Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense, would definitely bring a bigger variety of books to the table.

      Delete
    3. It does. And it's so much more fun. Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete
  6. So I did it!: https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/06/07/spell-the-month-in-books-june-2023/

    ReplyDelete