Thursday 1 June 2023

Happy June!

  Happy June to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"Papageitaucher"
"Puffins"

Hanka and Frank say to this picture:
The June calendar page shows some puffins from our trips to Alaska, Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Norway...
(Das Kalenderblatt vom Juni zeigt ein paar Papageitaucher von unseren Reisen nach Alaska, Kanada, Island, Grönland, Norwegen …)

Read more here.

* * *

I don't think all birds are cute. But puffins certainly are. The German word Papageitaucher means parrot diver. But they are not related to parrots at all, they are also no penguins though they look a little like them. They belong to the group of auks of the family Alcidae. But, in any case, they are totally cute, at least I think so.

* * *
 
May was full of holidays in Germany. We managed to visit our son in Haarlem, another lovely town in Northern Germany (Rotenburg/Wümme) and the Miniaturwunderland (MiWuLa) in Hamburg, the world´s largest model railway. If you would like to have a look what you can see there, here is a link.
We visited mainly the newer parts, Italy, Patagonia, and Antarktika. Here you see some of my Italy pictures.

We also could welcome some wonderful visitors in our home.

* * *

 Another great watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. Enjoy!


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have to thank the artist, Emma. But, well, I think I deserve some recognition for publishing it here. LOL.
      Happy June to you, as well.

      Delete
  2. I love those puffins! They're a bird I'd totally love to see one day. And Happy June. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some in zoos, Lark, but I'm sure that's not the same. I think they are too cute anyway.

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about birds but those puffins, I can't say they are cute but they are make good subjects for art. Happy June to you too.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissa. My father-in-law was a very keen bird watcher and even had some of his pictures published in books, hubby "inherited" a little of that love and thererfore, I probably "know" more about birds than I would want to. ;)

      Delete
  4. Jonathan would love to see the Miniaturwunderland! And you were very close to my parents when you visited Rotenburg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, if he ever comes to Germany, we will happily take him there. ;)
      I didn't know your parents lived that way, I imagined them somehow north of Bremen. But still, it is a lovely area.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! No, they do live north, but Rotenburg is one of the bordering counties and you see lots of cars from there.

      Delete
    3. Aaaah, I see. It is a lovely area.

      Delete
    4. Yes and good for long bike rides!

      Delete
    5. Similar area, though a little further from the sea.

      Delete
  5. Agreed about birds! I am not a fan, especiallt pigeons ad geese, who have no fear of humans. In a neighborhood near my school, there are peacocks who live there after having esaped from the zoo maybe two decades ago? They also have no fear of humans and it is incredibly frustrating to have to wait for them to walk across the street in their groups of 10. They walk so slowly and I am convinced it is on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about pigeons and geese, the former are annoying, the latter quite mean. And haha, maybe you are right about the peacocks.
      But there are also beautiful birds. I like all the small ones in the garden. And owls, owls are great.

      Delete