Thursday 29 June 2023

#ThrowbackThursday. Claire's Head

 

Bush, Catherine "Claire's Head" - 2004

June is Migraine Awareness Month. And what should come up next on my list of ThrowbackThursday books? Exactly, a book about migraine.

If you have never experienced one, this book will tell you all about it, even though it is a novel. And if you suffer from them, you will find that somebody finally was able to describe the kind of pain you get and that you are never able to describe yourself to someone who doesn't know what you are going through.

If you have any interest or know someone with migraines, you should read this book.

See also my list of "Migraine Books".

Read my original review here.

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend who really struggles with migraines. The closest I've come is a few tension headaches...and I know it's not at all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not nice either, Lark. And we all feel pain differently, so your tension headache might have been as bad as my migraines. Only, I get them all the time.
      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I didn't know there was such a thing like Migraine Awareness Month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Chronic Migraine Awareness group, CMA, as I mentioned in my migraine list (there are a few links) and they are very active and try to help each other. I learned a lot about my illness through the group.

      Delete