Saturday 1 July 2023

Happy July!

   Happy July to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"Lachmöwen"
"Black-headed Gulls"
Hanka and Frank say to this picture:

From our point of view, the watercolours of seagulls, terns, petrels and other seabirds are ideal for the summer holiday season.

(Aus unserer Sicht passen die Aquarelle von Möwen, Seeschwalben, Sturmvögeln und anderen Seevögeln ideal zu der Urlaubszeit im Sommer.)

Read more here.

* * *

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, the main reason for that is probably that I don't live as close to the sea as Hanka and Frank do. For me, the typical summer bird is the swallow. They would build their nest at my parents' house and it was lovely to view them.

That doesn't mean that gulls aren't nice, either, but I grew up with swallows. And I prefer the German word Möwe, I think it's so much friendlier than the English name.

* * *

June was far too hot for me and therefore, I don't have a nice picture from an outing for you to see. But my favourite flowers were blooming, this is the darker sort, I prefer the lighter ones but these are also beautiful, don't you think?


* * *

 We did see some friends and family, of course, that's always part of our month.

* * *

 Another great watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. Enjoy!


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

* * *

I wish you all a wonderful July!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. I hope you have a great time.

      Delete
  2. Happy July! It came rather fast. Can't believe that we are already in the middle of summer, at least here in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not just in Sweden, Lisbeth, it was unbearably hot last month, I just hope it won't last all summer. But no, I can't believe it, either. Hasn't 2023 only just started???
      Anyway, thanks for your wishes.

      Delete
  3. Our June was very cool, it did not feel like summer at all. The "Möwen" are pretty. We get them in our fields here when bad weather is coming. They are flying here from the Great Lakes to escape storms. The peony is so pretty! (I think it is one, correct?). I am not sure what a typical summer bird for New York would be, maybe the American robin? This year we have a lot all over, but also the hummingbird is a summer bird and the wren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice, Eva, ours was too hot. Far too hot. But we have to take what we get.
      And yes, it definitely is a peony, my favourite flower.

      Delete