Monday 17 July 2023

Osman, Richard "The Man Who Died Twice"

 

Osman, Richard "The Man Who Died Twice" (Thursday Murder Club #2) - 2021

After reading "The Thursday Murder Club", I knew I would have to carry on reading his other books. Even though I am not a crime fun - his books are so much more than that.

The four elderly friends are on the path again to solve a crime, or rather several of them. And the suspense is really high. I am never someone to know whodunnit but I think this one is hard to solve even for the best sleuths.

The characters are as loveable as ever. And they all have their own little problems that aren't often as easy to solve as the murders. But that makes them even nicer and more normal.

Would be nice if everyone could be as active at the age of seventy plus as the four friends. In any case, I will carry on following their quests. As soon as the next book is out in paperback.

From the back cover:

"It's the following Thursday.

Elizabeth has received a letter from an old colleague, a man with whom she has a long history. He's made a big mistake, and he needs her help. His story involves stolen diamonds, a violent mobster, and a very real threat to his life.

As bodies start piling up, Elizabeth enlists Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron in the hunt for a ruthless murderer. And if they find the diamonds too? Well, wouldn't that be a bonus?

But this time they are up against an enemy who wouldn't bat an eyelid at knocking off four septuagenarians. Can the
Thursday Murder Club find the killer (and the diamonds) before the killer finds them?"

4 comments:

  1. It's his characters that are definitely the draw for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am sure they are taken from real life. He seems such a wonderful guy.

      Delete
  2. I have to read this one as well, liked the first one. I also thought the characters charming. Yes, to have that energy at that age is something to strive for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will love the second one, as well, Lisbeth. Just as enjoyable as the first one. I will read all of his books, once they are out in paperback.

      Delete