Wednesday 6 January 2021

Osman, Richard "The Thursday Murder Club"

Osman, Richard "The Thursday Murder Club" - 2020

When I became aware that Richard Osman had written a book, I knew I had to read it. Even though I'm not much into murder mystery, I just love Richard Osman's wit. He is one of the smartest people you see in the entertainment branch, his book just had to be good.

And it was. I knew he would be a good writer because he can make the best jokes in his shows which I really love (see here). I think I would read anything he writes, he always cheers you up.

I saw him on the Graham Norton Show lately where the two were joking about being #1 on the bestseller lists in their respective countries. I'm not surprised, they are both such lovely guys that everyone expects them to be great authors. I've yet to read one of Graham Norton's books but I'm sure they're also splendid.

No matter what kind of book you like to read to entertain yourself (for me, they have to be funny), this is the one. Enjoy.

From the back cover:

"Four unlikely friends * A shocking murder * Welcome to THE THURSDAY MURDER CLUB

In a peaceful retirement village, four unlikely friends meet up once a week to investigate unsolved murders.

But when a brutal killing takes place on their very doorstep, the
Thursday Murder Club find themselves in the middle of their first live case.

Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron might be pushing eighty but they still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Can our unorthodox but brilliant gang catch the killer before it's too late?
"

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading mysteries and thrillers to keep my attention off all the bad things. That is maybe silly since so much bad stuff happens in such books but at least the bad guys get what's coming to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what fascinates most people about crime stories, the bad guys get caught and punished. Wouldn't that be great if it happened in real life.

      Anyway, I think you might like this story, quite British.

      Happy Reading.

      Delete