Tuesday 19 January 2021

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books I Meant to Read In 2020 but Didn’t Get To


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

Books I Meant to Read In 2020 but Didn’t Get To
(You could take this opportunity to tell us what’s left on your seasonal TBRs from last year. Or books you were super excited about and then you didn’t get to them.)

There are a lot of books I meant to read, I could write a list of a hundred, I guess. But I thought I add those here that are already on some of my lists to read soon, hopefully that way I will get to them faster.
Dickens, Charles "The Old Curiosity Shop" - 1840
Ford, Ford Madox "Parade's End" (Tetraology: Some Do Not, No More Parades, A Man Could Stand Up, Last Post) - 1924-28
Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von "Italienische Reise" (Italian Journey aka Letters from Italy) - 1817
Gogol, Nikolai (Никола́й Васи́льевич Го́голь, Nikolay Vasilyevich Gogol) "The Overcoat" (RUS: Шинель) - 1842
Jacobs, Harriet Ann (Linda Brent) "Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl" - 1861
Sand, George "Fadette" (aka Fanchon, the Cricket) (La Petite Fadette) - 1849
Savage Carlson, Natalie "The Family Under the Bridge" - 1958
Shakespeare, William "Much Ado About Nothing" - 1598/99
Twain, Mark "A Tramp Abroad" - 1880 

22 comments:

  1. I hope you find time for all of these books this year.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. LOL.

      Thanks for your visit, I'll hop over to your page soon.

      Delete
  2. I hope that this year we can read the books we didn't get to last year!

    Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'll ever get to read all the books I didn't get to last year but I hope I'll manage at least a few of them.

      Thanks for your visit and leaving your list. See you on your page.

      Delete
  3. Nice list of books!! I want to read more books by Mark Twain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really read any except for The Innocents Abroad and I didn't care for it much. But I've heard that his one is funny, so I'll give him another try.

      Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, mainly because we enjoy it so much, right? I will never reach your numbers but I try.

      Thanks for your visit. Have a great day.

      Delete
  5. Great possibilities here! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We always are.

      Thanks for stepping by.

      Delete
  6. Good luck! I hope you knock all these books off your list soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna. I hope I will get at least these books off my list.

      Thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  7. I hope you will get to Family Under the Bridge soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Is it especially good? I'll try it soon, then.

      And thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. I so wanted to do this, but then life had its requests, and ended up nit having time...
    Nice list waiting for you here. You know The Overcoat is very short, just a few minutes really.
    This one by Twain I found so full of contempt.
    I should reread La petite Fadette, it's been so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. But you read so much anyway, Emma.

      "The Overcoat" is in a book with other short stories which I intend to read at the same time, so it's more like a normal book. Still, not over 500 which are the books I enjoy most.

      Oh no! As I mentioned ^^above, I have only read The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain und didn't like it at all. "Full of contempt" is a good description of what it was. However, I have heard this one is funny. We'll see ...

      And I take it you liked "La petite Fadette"? Will have to see whether you have a review. In any case, I always try to read a French book from time to time, so I'm looking forward to this one.

      Delete
    2. Looks like you didn't review "La petite Fadette". Or I didn't find it. If there is one, please, send me the link. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. I hope you get to read these books soon! Stop by if you get the chance:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-meant-to-read.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Colletta. I always revisit my visitors, it's fun to talk to them. So, many thanks also for your link. See you on your page.

      Delete
  10. So true, Stefani. If only there were more days in the week. I think I will manage this list but probably not the 100 books I try to reach every year.

    Thanks for your visit and for leaving your link. Looking forward to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read much Shakespeare, but I have enjoyed movie versions of Much Ado About Nothing. I hope you love it and all these others.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be one or the other that turn out to be not for me but I'm confident that the majority is just my taste.

      I have also enjoyed movie versions of many Shakespeare play, my favourite is probably the "Much Ado About Nothing" movie by Kenneth Brannagh with his then-wife Emma Thompson. Beautiful pictures. Great music. And the most wonderful actors.

      Thanks for your visit. No matter when, you're always welcome.

      Delete