Saturday 3 February 2024

Six Degrees of Separation ~ From Books That Changed the World to Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes

 

#6Degrees of Separation:
from Books That Changed the World to Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes

#6Degrees is a monthly link-up hosted by Kate at Books Are My Favourite and Best. I love the idea. Thank you, Kate. See more about this challenge, its history, further books and how I found this here.

This month we start with the book we finished on last month (or the last book read).
 
My six degrees in January ended with Books That Changed the World which is a good starter book for February.

I will use a word in the title from one book and find another book with that same word in the title. The starter word is World (or that changed, whatever you like).

Winchester, Simon "The Map that Changed the World" - 2001

Palma, Félix J. "The Map of Time" (E: El mapa del tiempo) - 2008

Azevedo, Francisco "Once Upon a Time in Rio" (PO: O Arroz de Palma) - 2008

Ashworth, Andrea "Once in a House on Fire" - 1999

Domínguez, Carlos María "The House of Paper" (E: La Casa del Papel) - 2007

Coerr, Eleanor "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" - 1977


📚📚📚

All quite interesting books about the world and time and history. The link between the first and the last. Well, one is a non-fiction, the other a children's book. But they are both about changing the world. Almost like last month.

16 comments:

  1. Added the Taylor book to my Wish List... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. That's certainly a good book for you. [grin back]

      Delete
  2. Fun chain. I've read the last one, and I want to read the first one. Haven't read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. They are all interesting books. Some months I have to add a book that I'm not very keen on just because it fits the chain but I try to find good ones every month. As I did this month.

      Delete
  3. The only one I've read from your chain - and that some years ago - is the Simon Winchester. But I enjoyed it too. Your list looks quite tempting. I'll have to find out more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. The links to those books are all there, first to my blog, then to Goodreads, so you can easily check them out in no time. I hope you find some other interesting ones among them.

      Delete
  4. Oh, how pretty that last one looks. Very nice chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Davida. It is both pretty and sad at the same time. I read this ages ago, I was still very young when I borrowed it from our local library. But I bought it later on because I rememberd it so well. It had a big impact on me.

      Delete
  5. I’ve read the last one! Interesting chain! ~Carol @ ReadingLadies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. Glad you read at least one of the books. And that is a particular good one.

      Delete
  6. Fun!
    I love Winchester's writing, I need to check this one.
    I'm listening to a Death in Tokyo, by Keigo Igashino, and they talk a lot about one hundred (I think) paper cranes, so I need to look at that book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma. This is the first book I read by him. But I intend to read more. Any suggestions?
      The paper cranes, that's exactly what this book is about, it's a children's book about Hiroshima. Very sad but definitely worth reading.

      Delete
  7. I really like Simon Winchester books. They are so informative. Lovely list. Here is mine: My Six Degrees of Separation list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I will have to find more and just asked Emma for suggestions. Maybe you have some, as well?
      Thanks for your link, I will hop over soon.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any of these but several look appealing, especially Books That Changed the World. I am hosting my book group in March and the reward for making dinner for 10 is getting to choose the book for the next month, so I have been thinking about possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Constance. I think these would all be great to discuss in a book club and give a lot of food for thought. I wish you all the best for your book club meeting and am looking forward to what you will be reading.

    ReplyDelete