I've been doing ThrowbackThursdays for a while but I noticed that I wrote a lot of reviews in a short time when I first started. So, I post more than one Throwback every week. These are my reviews from October 2015.
If you are looking for more bloggers who participate here, there is always a post on The Chocolate Lady's website where you can also add yours.
If you are looking for more bloggers who participate here, there is always a post on The Chocolate Lady's website where you can also add yours.
Maalouf, Amin "Samarkand" (French: Samarcande) - 1988
This novel takes us from the life of poet, mathematician and astronomer Omar Khayyám and his poetry collection Rubaiyat in Samarkand of the 11th century to the voyage of the fictional character Benjamin O. Lesage on the Titanic in 1912. I was happy to learn not just about his poetry but especially about his life and that of his contemporaries in an area that is as unknown to me and most people in Europe in that time as it is today.Obama, Barack "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" - 2006
The author gives an account of his first steps as a politician. I found it very interesting to look behind the scenes with someone who has been a Senator, who knows all the ins and outs and the pros and cons of politics. Very interesting.
Pye, Michael "The Edge of the World: How the North Sea Made Us Who We Are" - 2014
An exciting book. A look at how we became what we are. What has the North Sea done, how has it contributed to our history?
It looks like it has done a lot, it sent out fishermen and pirates, businessmen and adventurers. We didn't just find the American Continent by those first people who wanted to find new waterways, a lot of our system and how we live today started there. Our way of living, doing business, organizing, politics, law, science, insurance, money, art, everything comes from those explorations and how people first started to settle and find their way in this world.

No comments:
Post a Comment