Friday 31 March 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"Books are the most loyal and trusted friends you can ever have." Birgitta Hassel

"Though all the winds of doctrine were let loose to play upon the earth, so Truth be in the field, we do injuriously, by licensing and prohibiting, to misdoubt her strength. Let her and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse, in a free and open encounter?" John Milton

"To be successful in life what you need is education, not literacy and degrees." Munshi Premchand

"When I cannot read, when I cannot think, when I cannot even pray, I can trust." J. Hudson Taylor

"Books are the answer. What was the question?" N.N.

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. What would Friday be without your quotes? Today I choose John Milton's as my favorite. Very apt in these times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawwww, that is nice of you to say. I am glad to brighten your day.

      John Milton is very prcise with his philosophy, very "actual", another sign that the times don't really change.

      Have a good week,
      Marianne

      Delete